In case you didn’t know this one, I thought I’d pass it along. Common wisedom these days is that as long as you format your flash media in camera once all your images are safely on your computer and backup drives, you shouldn’t have any problems with the flash media.
Here’s what I do after a shoot.
- Insert card into card reader
- Copy files to hard drive *AND* external backup drive
- Load into Lightroom (you may choose iPhoto or Picasa or Aperture or whatever image catalog tool you use at this step)
- Process images
- Run remote backup (3rd file location, I should be pretty safe)
- Format flash media in camera – ready for next shoot
Ok, go shoot!